Information and Technology Help for Job Seekers, Business Owners, Older Adults and anyone looking for some help with information technology, skill building, and job searching.
Computer and Financial Workshops at Your County Libraries! Computer workshops are provided by Lebanon County Library System and are made possible by the FINRA Investor Education Foundation. The Get $mart program is made possible by a grant from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation through Smart investing@your library®, a partnership with the American Library Association.
- Workshops are FREE.
Registration is required for all workshops. Please call the host library to register.
Cut the Cord
You can save so much money by eliminating traditional cable services. Streaming services are the modern way to watch the programs you want at a lower cost, but the choices can be overwhelming. We’ll sort out what you’ll need to know to “cut the cord” and your household budget will thank you!
- Mar. 14 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Apr. 13 at 6:30PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
- Apr. 18 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Apr. 20 at 6:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Learn about composition, lighting, resolution, file formats, and organizing/storing your photos.
- Mar. 29 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Google Drive offers free programs comparable to purchasing Microsoft Office & it allows you to store your files for free so you can access them from any computer or device. Users can share projects with others to streamline work as users collaborate. We’ll check out the benefits of each Google Drive program available including managing a household budget in Sheets, writing resumes in Docs, and designing your own invitations in Slides.
- Apr. 10 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802
- Apr. 11 at 6:30PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Internet & Email
Learn to navigate the internet, conduct searches, online safety and identity protection tips, and set up a free email account. Pre-requisite: mouse and keyboard skills.
- Mar. 16 at 10AM at Lebanon Community Library: 717-273-7624.
- Apr. 27 at 1-3PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Intro to Excel Parts 1&2
This two-part Excel class will teach you basics, including worksheets, cells, columns, formatting, and more. Participants will learn these skills while creating a practical budget. All participants receive a flash drive to save and keep their files.
- Mar. 11 & 18 at 10AM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Apr. 5 & 12 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Intro to Word Parts 1&2
Learn about creating and saving documents, formatting text, and other word processing basics. Students will have hands-on experience creating a resume.
- Mar. 15 & 22 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Is This Thing On?
Beginner’s class covers basics including mouse, keyboard, Windows, files, and computer components.
- Mar. 2 at 10AM at Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Mar. 8 at 1PM at Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Photo Editing Featuring PicMonkey
Learn how to use free photo editing tools to get ahead without breaking the bank! Bring your laptop to edit your photos and make your images more powerful! Learn differences between free and paid versions of PicMonkey and how to evaluate your needs.
- Mar. 21 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Mar. 28 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Apr. 6 at 6:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Thrift Store Bargain Shopping
Learn techniques to become a more effective bargain shopper.
- Mar. 13 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Tech Help Sessions. Bring your questions and/or gadgets to the library computer centers. Basic computer literacy skills are supported. Sign up for a half-hour time slot.
- Every Wednesday from 10am to 2pm. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624
Helpful Books @ Your Library
Information and Technology Help
Resources at Your Libraries:
Visit our online Catalog to find career and job materials that you can borrow. Search our catalog using key terms, such as job hunting, careers, resumes, cover letters, test preparation, computer help, etc. For detailed searches use a more appropriate term, such as “iPad” or “email.” Please feel free to contact your libraries if you need help searching our catalog.
Learn Computer Skills Online
Free Computer Training at GCF – GCF is a great web resource to learn computer skills online – for FREE! Learn Computer Basics, Internet Basics, Email Basics, Social Media, Mouse Tutorial, Google and Google Docs, Apple, iPad Basics, MAC OS, Microsoft, Windows OS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Our libraries’ basic computer classes are modeled after the GCF training, so you can practice at this site after taking our classes. Or, you can jump on and try each class at your own pace.
Jobs and Careers
Find more local job searching resources here.