Contact Miss Cindy, children’s librarian, with any questions about children’s programming.
- Baby Smart Start Story Times (birth to 2.5)
- Preschool Story Times (2.5 to 6)
- Afterschool Reading Clubs (K to 4th grade)
- Summer Reading Programs
- Lebanon County Kids Summer Activities
- Useful & Interesting Resources
Baby Story Times
This free library program for parents, grandparents, and their babies
from birth to 2 years of age features books, songs, signing & rhymes.
Siblings are welcome. No registration is necessary.
Tuesdays, 10:15 am
Fall 2015 Schedule
September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
November 3, 10, 17, 24
Preschool Story Times
Preschool Story Times
Ages 2.5 to 5 (Please Pre-register)
Tuesdays, 10:15 am OR Thursdays 10:15 am OR
Wednesdays, 1:15 pm
Fall 2015 Schedule Begins:
Tuesday, September 15 @ 10:15 am
Wednesday, September 16, @1:15 pm
Thursday, September 17, @ 10:15 pm
Afterschool Reading Clubs
Grades 3 & 4 Tuesdays @ 3:15 pm
Grades K, 1, 2 Thursdays @ 3:15
Registration is required. These programs are open to all children in the appropriate age groups. Forms are available @ the library & AC elementary schools. Registered AC students may ride the bus to the library.
This program is over for now. It will resume in the fall of 2015. See you then!
Summer Reading Program
No registration required.
Mondays @ 2:00 pm
Summer Reading is over for this year.
Keep your eyes peeled like bananas for next year’s exciting lineup!
Useful and Interesting Resources
Childrens Book Resources Children’s Book Review & Award Sites:
- Children’s Book Council
- The Horn Book, Inc.
- School Library Journal
- The Caldecott Medal
- The Newbery Medal
Some of Our Favorite Children’s Author Sites:
- Tedd Arnold(No Jumping on the Bed!, Green Wilma)
- Avi award-winning author of Poppy, Beyond the Westen Sea, and many more
- Judy Blume (Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret)
- Jan Brett(The Mitten)
- Eric Carle
- James Gurney (Dinotopia)
- Brian Jacques (Redwall, etc.)
- William Joyce (George Shrinks)
- Robert Munsch (Love You Forever)
- Dave Pilkey(Captain Underpants, Dumb Bunnies, Hallowiener)
- J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter)
- Dr. Seuss
- R. L. Stine (Goosebumps)
- Chris Van Allsburg (Polar Express)
- Hans Wilhelm (Bunny Trouble, Tyrone the Horrible)
- Audrey Wood (Elbert’s Bad Word)
- ALA’s Cool Sites For Kids
- Ask Jeeve’s Kids
- Discovery’s Homework Helper
- Fact Monster
- KidsClick! – A web search for kids by librarians
- Learn All About Dewey & His Classification System – too cool!
- Power Library – home of Bookflix, Kid Search, Searchasaurus and more!
- N.Y. Times Learning Network – a current events site for grades 3-12, parents & teachers
Home School/Educational Resources
- Home Education Magazine
- Home School Assoc. of CA – Cool Math Works Site
- National Home Education Network
- PBS Teacher Source Thousands of lesson plans & activities
- Sites for Teachers
- The Accidental Scientist: the Science of Cooking
- Spelling It Right an excellent site for troubled spellers
- Timeline Science: 1,000 years of scientific thought
- Central PA Homeschool
- Brain Pop
- Fun School
- Harry Potter
- Ivy’s Coloring Pages
- National Geographic
- KidsSesame Street
- Smithsonian Magazines Kids’ Castle
- PopCap Games
Free Web games (puzzles, word games, casino games) for single or multiple players. No downloads required.