The club meets upstairs in the library at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month to discuss the month’s literary selection. Members take turns leading each month’s discussion. We hope you’ll take the time to participate in this vibrant club!
* Most titles are available in county either on shelf here at the library or upon request from another library in Lebanon County. Inquire at the circulation desk for availability. Titles for upcoming months are ordered in advance of the meeting for members to take home at the end of each month’s discussion. If you wish to read ahead, it is your responsibility to request titles online or through the staff at the circulation desk.
2014 Reading List & Schedule
- February 25: OBOC selection is The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan; click here for more information and click here to go to the One Book, One Community campaign’s website.
- *March 25: Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
- April 22: The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok
- *May 27: Father Melancholy’s Daughter by Gail Godwin
- June 24: Map Of The World by Jane Hamilton
- *July 22: Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
- August 26: The Best Queen by Louise Erdrich
- *September 23: Nothing Daunted by Dorothy Wickenden
- October 28: The Price Of A Child by Lorene Carey
- November 25: The Farming Of Bones by Edwidge Danticat
- December: NO MEETING! Happy holidays and see you next year!
- January 27, 2015: Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
*The book club will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Banquet Room at Esther’s Restaurant, 2957 State Route 22, Fredericksburg, PA 17026, on March 25, May 27, July 22, and September 23. You can pick up your copy of the next month’s selection either before the meeting that day or after the meeting.