Friends of Palmyra Public Library, a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, is an organization independent of the Library and dedicated to support the Library with funds as well as service.
It’s Your Choice
- You can help the Friends several ways. Many Friends provide the support with their membership dues only……and that is a valuable contribution.
- Some Friends take a more active role in the organization by attending our meetings.
- Others participate by serving on a committee or taking a leadership role. It’s your choice how to be involved. Whatever you do, it will be appreciated!
Your Membership at Work
As a member of Friends of Palmyra Public Library, you’ll be paid back in a thousand ways every year—with children’s smiles, the sincere appreciation of the library’s hardworking staff, and the pure satisfaction of knowing you make a difference to one of the nation’s most important institutions.
Members Benefits Include
- Exclusive entrance into the library’s annual book sale preview. (Includes 2 people for a family membership.)
- Complimentary subscription to our Friends newsletter (coming soon)
- Advance notice of library events through the Friends email list
- Members only social events
What Does It Cost?
We’re so glad you asked! Individual membership is only $15 for a year, and families can join for on $25. The membership year is from January through December each year, and new members who join after October 1 of any year will receive membership through the entire following year included in their first year dues.
How Can I Invite My Friends to Be Friends?
You can share a link to this page with them, or if you prefer you can download and print our brochure by clicking here (pdf). Paper copies of the Friends brochure are also available at the Library.
I Have More Questions. Who Do I Ask?
You can contact the Friends via email at palmyralibraryfriends @ lclibs.org (without the spaces), or ask any library staff member when you visit or call the library.