A Summer Read
We’re looking at the bright side of life this summer!
WITF’s Transforming Health’s 4th annual summer read is The Gratitude Diaries: How a Year Looking on the Bright Side Can Transform Your Life written by bestselling author Janice Kaplan.
Public libraries join WITF, Wellspan, and Penn State Health to bring you this program. Borrow the book from our libraries.
Participants in “A Summer Read” will have the chance to win a free copy of the book, meet Kaplan during a private book signing, and hear her speak on October 5, 2016 at the Strand-Capitol Theatre in York. Thirty winners will be chosen. Learn more at http://www.transforminghealth.org
2016 Reading Group lists:
Myerstown Community Library – hosts quarterly facilitated book discussions. Check their page for updates.
Annville Free Library The AFL book group generally meets on the last Monday night of the month at 6:30pm. We are a laid back group of guys and gals and we welcome new members. There is no need to register. Just show up! The group does not meet in December.
- Jan. 25, 2016 Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard (One Book, One Community 2016 selection)
- February 29, 2016 – Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
- March 28, 2016 – All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- April 25, 2016 – The Storied Life of A J Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- June 6, 2016 – Dead Wake by Erik Larsen
Lebanon Community Library Tues. evening book group
Group meets the last Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm
- January 26, 2016. The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz
- February 23, 2016. Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard
- March 29, 2016. I’m Perfect You’re Doomed by Kyria Abrahams
- April 26, 2016. The Man Who Made Vermeer by Jonathan Lopez
- May 31, 2016. The Witches by Stacy Schiff
- No June Meeting
- July 26, 2016. The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose
- August 30, 2016. The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild
- September, 2016. A Crack in the Edge of the World by Simon Winchester
- October, 2016. My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- November, 2016. Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
- December, 2016. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
- January, 2017. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Lebanon Community Library Thursday afternoon book group
Meets the 1st Thursday at 2pm
- January 7, 2016. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doeer
- February 4, 2016. Gaining Ground: a story of farmers’ markets, local food and saving the family farm by Forrest Pritchard (One Book, One Community 2016 selection)
- March 3, 2016. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- April 7, 2016. The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
- October 6, 2016. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- November 3, 2016. Blindness by Jose Saramago
- December 1, 2016. Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher by Timothy Egan
- January, 2017. The World’s Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne
- February, 2017. One Book, One Community Selection TBA
- March, 2017. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
PALMYRA PUBLIC LIBRARY Book Club
Meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:45pm at the library at 50 Landings Drive, Annville, PA.
Call 717-838-1347 for more information.
- January 11, 2016. Alex Cross’s Trial by James Patterson
- February 8, 2016. Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard
- March 14, 2016. One Missed Step by Barbara Morris
- April 11, 2016. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- May 9, 2016. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
MATTHEWS PUBLIC LIBRARY Book Club
The club meets upstairs in the library at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month to discuss the month’s literary selection.
- January 26, 2016. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
- February 23, 2016. Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard (this year’s One Book One Community selection!)
- March 22, 2016. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
- April 26, 2016. Under the Feet of Jesus by Helena Maria Viramontes
- May 24, 2016. Evensong by Gail Godwin
- June 28, 2016. Tinkers by Paul Harding
- July 26, 2016. The Rules of Engagement by Anita Brookner
- August 23, 2016 Lucky by Alice Sebold