The 2015-2016 Reading Group lists are posted here.
Annville Free Library Monday Night Book Group
Myerstown Community Library – hosts quarterly facilitated book discussions. Check their page for updates.
Annville Free Library The AFL book group generally meets on the last Monday night of the month at 6:30pm. We are a laid back group of guys and gals and we welcome new members. There is no need to register. Just show up! The group does not meet in December.
Lebanon Library Tues. evening book group
Group meets the last Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm
- January 26, 2016. The Girl in the Spider”s Web by David Lagercrantz
- February 23, 2016. Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard
- March 29, 2016. I’m Perfect You’re Doomed by Kyria Abrahams
- April 26, 2016. The Man Who Made Vermeer by Jonathan Lopez
- May 31, 2016. The Witches by Stacy Schiff
- June 28, 2016. The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose
- July 26, 2016. The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild
- Jan. 27, 2015. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- Feb. 24, 2015. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline – 2015 OBOC selection
- Mar. 31, 2015. The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester (*note date change)
- June 23, 2015. The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
- July 28, 2015. Look Who’s Back by Timur Vermes
- August 25, 2015. The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
- September 22, 2015. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- October 27, 2015. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- November 24, 2015. Bel Canto Ann Patchett
- December 22, 2015. The Broken Teaglass by Emily Arsenault
Lebanon Library Thursday afternoon book group
Meets the 1st Thursday at 2pm
- January 7, 2016. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doeer
- February 4, 2016. Gaining Ground: a story of farmers’ markets, local food and saving the family farm by Forrest Pritchard (One Book, One Community 2016 selection)
- March 3, 2016. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- Jan. 8, 2015. Dave Barry Turns 50 by Dave Barry
- Feb. 4, 2015. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline – 2015 OBOC selection
- Mar. 4, 2015. To End All Wars by Adam Hochschild
- April 2, 2015. A Higher Call by Adam Makos
- May 7, 2015. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wrecker
- June 4, 2015. Moloka’i by Alan Brennet
- July 2, 2015. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- August 6, 2015. Family Life by Akil Sharma
- Sept. 3, 2015. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- Oct. 1, 2015. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
PALMYRA PUBLIC LIBRARY Book Club
Meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:45pm at the library at 50 Landings Drive, Annville, PA.
Call 717-838-1347 for more information.
- July 13, 2015. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- August 10, 2015. Norwegian by Night by Derek Miller
- September 14, 2015. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- October 12, 2015. Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple (the discussion will take place at Palm Lutheran Church –11 W Chery St., Palmyra – for this meeting because the library is closed).
MATTHEWS PUBLIC LIBRARY Book Club
The club meets upstairs in the library at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month to discuss the month’s literary selection.
- January 26, 2016 Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
- February 23, 2016 Gaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard (this year’s One Book One Community selection!)
- March 22, 2016 On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
- April 26, 2016 Under the Feet of Jesus by Helena Maria Viramontes
- May 24, 2016 Evensong by Gail Godwin